The first International Conference MMMSEC-2019 was held in FRC «Computer Science and Control» RAS
The first International Conference “Mathematical Modeling in Materials Science of Electronic Components” was held in Federal Research Center of Computer Science and Control of the Russian Academy of Sciences from October 21 to October 23. Following topics were discussed at the Conference:
· Modern problems in producing a research infrastructure for the synthesis of novel materials with desired properties, including the use of new methods and tools for analyzing big data
· Problems in the material science development of quantum electronic heterostructures.
· Mathematical modeling in structural materials science (multi-level, multi-scale models, simulation models, etc.)
· Simulation of various (dimensional, radiation, surface and etc.) defects in semiconductor electronics.
· Simulation the operation modes of multi-level memory elements for next-generation information processing systems.
· Modeling the structure of composite materials and their properties with various (nanocrystals, nanoclusters, nano-amorphous and etc.) inclusions.
The conference was supported by the Consortium “Perspective materials and hardware elements of information and computing systems”, FRC «Computer Science and Control» RAS, JSC MERI, NRU MAI and the Scientific Council of the Russian Academy of Sciences "Fundamental Problems of the Hardware Elements Database of Information Computing and Control Systems and Materials for its Creation".
At the beginning of the Conference the opening remarks were made by academician I.A. Sokolov, a member of the RAS Presidium, and academician Y.G. Yevtushenko, who wished the conference participants rewarding work and expressed hope for the further development of the conference and its expansion in terms of topics and participants.
The Conference traditionally started with a plenary session, where the reports devoted to the most topical issues in terms of new materials synthesis were made.