MERI is the leading Russian microelectronics researcher
• Fundamental Research:
- Developments in the field of semiconductor physics
- New physical principles of non-volatile memory
- Models of nanoelectronic components and environmental effects
• Technological Development;
- Development of technological processes
- Development of new technologies for integrated circuits manufacturing
- Development of microelectronic modules
- Development of promising methods for the integration of digital and microwave components
• Product Development.
- Processors and microcontrollers
- Radio Frequency Tags (RFID)
- 3D multifunctional micromodules
- Non-Volatile Random Access Memory (NVRAM)
- Interface circuits
• EEPROM – development of the technologies using non-volatile memory with a floating gate for the VLSI memory manufacturing and applications with embedded memory development.
• CMOS (low-loss) – development of the family-related 65nm, 45nm, 28nm technologies for the wide range of applications such as high-performance signal processing, low power consumption, mixed signal processing, RAM
• SiGe BiCMOS – development of technologies based on the integration of heterojunction SiGe bipolar transistors and CMOS for microwave ULSI. Main applications: GPS/GLONASS, Bluetooth,Wi-Fi, WiMAX, LTE, fibre optic communications systems, digital television, RFID, parking radars and other microwave applications.